Isabelle and I were hanging out around the house today and I decided to try out one of the recipes from my new cookbook!
Isabelle likes to “help” me cook, so we got all set up in the kitchen.
I decided to make the French Breakfast Puffs, which look yummy (maybe because they are covered in sugar!)
We were doing pretty good together. Isabelle got to see the Kitchen Aid in action for the first time and was very excited about it.
I got everything together and put them in the oven. And out came this delicious goodness.
Except, that’s where it all went wrong…
I guess I “lightly greased” the muffin pan a little too lightly. That, combined with filling the muffin tin a little too full, made for a lot of stuck and crumbly muffins. I made my way through the tin trying to save what I could. I let them cool a little longer and then tried to dip them in the butter and sugar coating.
I finished up with these:
This just cracks me up! They looked like a hot mess and I wasn’t sure how it’d turn out. But, they are awesome! The crumbly mess and all. I’ll definitely keep tweaking this and figure out how to make them a little prettier. Until then we’ll be scooping up tiny pieces of muffin.