No, that’s not my drink- but pretty possible for someone in line at a typical Starbucks!
I was just at my store getting a drink and saw a regular come in. He is working on learning our names and remembered my name but didn’t recognize me since I wasn’t working. On the way home I was thinking about all the new people I’ve met since October- and that most of those people are known by their drink and not their names (that one I’m working on). So here are all my new regular customer friends:
– Venti Bold coffee, double cupped with room for cream. Don’t know his name, I do know he works at the mall- doesn’t say much.
– Grande ToffeeNut, extra hot, light whip Latte. Her name is Janice.
– “Big John” or “Officer John” (he’s a cop). He gets a Iced Venti, light ice, no water Chai. He drives a big red hummer.
– Denver Car man. This guy is a finance director for a car dealer in Denver. He drives up every morning and stops at our store to get a tall mocha frappucino and a latte.
– Randy. He comes in the afternoons, gets a tall cup of black coffee and sits at a table for hours working on different projects.
– Girl from Family Christian Bookstores. I think her name is Jennifer, she always orders a drink made up by one of our baristas and I never remember what is is.
– Martha. She used to work at our store. She gets something with Soy that I can never remember but I do know it costs $4.24 because I always used to ring it up wrong.
– Elise. She’s a hairdresser across the street. She gets a Grande 2% Mocha with light whip and extra hot.
– Elise’s daughter. She’s a grande white mocha.
– AKAL security man. Don’t even know his drink but he likes to talk a lot- especially at 5:30 AM when he’s our only customer. He adopted a meth baby from Seattle.
– Air Force man. He got a triple venti, 3 pump raspberry, 3 pump mocha last time, but doesn’t get the same thing every time. He always comes in with other Air Force guys that get tea or hot chocolate.
– Cranberry Orange scone baby. There is a little girl (maybe a year and a half???), whose mom brings her in all the time and the little girl loves Cranberry Orange Scones. Very cute.
– Lady from walmart. She gets a Venti Americano with room for cream. Haven’t seen her in a couple of days.
– Britist Lady. Triple Venti extra hot latte. She was very excited today when I remembered her drink- says other stores never remember her drink so she likes coming here.
– Older man and his friends. There is a guy that comes in and gets a coffee in a “for here” mug. His friend gets tea. They sit for a while and talk- the tea guy always takes a “to go” cup with water for his tea bag when they leave. The coffee guy usually comes back again before 10 am.
So that’s my list of “who I know”. It’s actually longer than I thought. I recognize more even more faces than I remember drinks which means we have a lot of regular customers. It just goes to show that taking the time to know something as little as “your regular drink” goes a long way in bringing loyalty to a store! And it’s more fun to go where everybody knows your name… 😉